This is not a class on "how to shoot". This is a class on "how to fight"!
In Defensive Pistol, you will have an opportunity to do things you may have never done at your local shooting range before:
- Drawing from concealment
- Shooting while moving
- Use of cover or concealment
- Putting it all together
This course is broken into a multi-level, multi-day course. Each level is priced individually. Each level requires 200 to 300 rounds.
Level 1: 200 rounds
- Lecture topics: mindset, situational awareness, physiology
- Sight picture
- Sight alignment
- Trigger Control
- Follow through
- Kinesthetic alignment
- Unsighted fire
- Presentation from the holster
- Introduction to movement (lateral movement)
Level 2: 200 rounds
- Lecture topics: Legal issue, use of deadly force. IF THERE IS TIME- carry options
- Shooting one-handed- strong hand
- Shooting weak hand only
- Shooting while moving
- Shooting while moving to cover/concealment
- Use of concealment and/or cover
- Clearing Malfunctions
Level 3: 200-300 rounds
- Lecture topics: After the shooting is over
- Shooting while in contact
- Reloading and malfunction clearing one handed
- Shooting from a seated position
- Shooting while kneeling
- Shooting from your back
- Engaging multiple threats
- Open Mind
- Fighting pistol (you will drop it on gravel, bring a fighting gun, not a collector's item)
- Minimum of 2 magazines, preferably 3 or more. The more, the better.
- Your daily carry rig (holster, mag pouches)
- Eye protection
- Ear protection
- Reasonable outdoor-wear. You will be on grass, gravel, perhaps mud, and you will be kneeling, squatting, laying down, and other positions. Dress appropriately. A hat is strongly recommended for a variety of reasons, it keeps hot brass and hot sun off your head and face.
- Hydration and food. You will need your own water and lunch. Wearing a gun in the sun all day can make you perspire quite a bit, keep hydrated. Bring a good amount of something with electrolytes such as Gatorade to replenish what you lose.
- The most important ingredient: Common sense. You and all other students will be handling and using loaded guns throughout the entire class. You and all other students will be fully armed at all times, this is not a "cold" range! Think before you act. Please exercise common sense.
Please let us know ahead of time if you cannot bring all of the above items. We can purchase ammunition for you if you don't have any, but there will be an upcharge to cover our time and effort. You can rent a gun from us, but you probably should already have your own. If you have specific needs that we should be aware of ahead of time, please let us know so that we can properly accommodate your needs.
You can sign up for our July 15 Class by clicking here.